This field trip will involve a 6 – 7 KM bike tour to explore sustainability initiatives in and around Fredericton. The bike tour will start at the hotel, continue along the famous multi-use trail network to the various stops and end back at the hotel. This field trip is hosted by CEGN’s Sustainable Cities Funders’ Group and funders will be accompanied by City of Fredericton staff.
2:15 – 5 p.m. Exploration of Fredericton on bikes
List of interesting things to see and visit (see map for details):
- Fredericton City Hall
- Ducks Unlimited Conservation Centre
- Beaverbrook Art Gallery
- Bill Thorpe Bridge
- Carleton Park Picaroon’s Redevelopment
- Station Point Development
- University of New Brunswick
- McLeod Avenue Redevelopment
- Flood markers artwork
- Pedestrian bridge over St. Anne’s Point
- Aberdeen Trail
Registration fee is $35, which includes a bike rental, helmet, lock and ‘grab and go’ snacks.